RECAP: Episode 10 begins where episode 9 left off. Dexter is underground where he found Gellar and discovered that Travis is the only killer.
Travis runs outside and sees Gellar, who tells Travis that he did kill him. Dexter watches from downstairs through a window. Harry pops in behind Dexter for a little humor, seeing someone who isn’t there.Dexter cuts off Gellar’s hand to keep the police focused on him and not Travis. This is the dark Dexter I’ve missed.
Miami Metro circles in on the abandoned church where Travis has been taking victims and where Dexter found Gellar. They also found Travis’ psych evaluation, saying that he has been a sociopath since he was young, and probably killed his parents. It is in his blood… sound familiar?
Travis finds two of his loyal followers, a husband and wife, and visits them. They found Holly, a potential victim of Travis who he mistakenly let free. They kidnapped her on her boyfriend’s yacht. Dexter found a photo of the yacht, the ricochet rabbit, and left for the marina. Too late… Travis and his disciples already got to her.They also got wormwood… what I am assuming is the poison they are going to unleash to end the world.
Deb is still investigating the call girl case. She finds a flower delivery note, and calls the flower company. She finds out that Matthews sent the call girl flowers the day that she died.
Angel showed up at the house of the disciples. He interrogated the wife, but she said the posts were a joke. Angel notices the books by Gellar on the bookshelf, and Travis hits him over the head. Travis says that it is a sign and that they should unleash wormwood at the Miami Metro police department. Dexter found the poison gas on the yacht and called 9-1-1.
1. HOLY SHIT! Angel got knocked the F out by Travis.
2. Travis is going to see that Dexter works at Miami Metro. He would undoubtedly out him.
3. Will 911 matter at this point? They might be able to keep the poison that was on the boat from getting out, but Travis obviously would have more at his disposal.
4. Dexter was being a badass again… and then he called the police. He has been so sloppy this season that this episode made me think that he was getting back to his old ways. He was entertaining me until he called the cops. I guess it is the safer thing to do, but that doesn’t make it any less disappointing. I was sure he’d take care of things by himself.
5. I still think that Louis is somehow linked to Brian Moser. From the moment I saw him, I thought that it looked like they picked someone who looked like Dexter’s late brother. Add the fact that he is obsessed with Dexter’s approval and also secretly has the ice truck killer’s prosthetic in his home, and I am almost sure of it.
As always, I will barely be able to breathe until the next episode of Deter. Until then, I will tack a rating of a big fat 4.5/5 on this episode. Absolutely well done. The only real problem I have is that Dexter is wishy washy. He acts like he is taking everything into his own hands, but then turns things over to the police. And no, I am not letting that go. I loved episode 10!