Geoff Johns and Doug Mahnke’s weighty run on Green Lantern is over, and today DC revealed who will be inheriting the rings.
Most noteworthy of this bunch is probably Robert Venditti, a writer largely known for writing The Surrogates, and who was recently one of the creators involved in a little media tempest in a teapot. Venditti and fellow comics writer Jim Zubkavich (Skullkickers) were recently removed from titles before their work had even begun, respectively Constantine (which will now be written by Jeff Lemire) and Birds of Prey (in favor of Christy Marx).
For Venditti, at least, this represents quite a triumph, replacing Geoff Johns on a flagship — the flagship — Green Lantern book. Let’s hope Jim Zub pops up in a similar vein soon.
In any case, onto the announcement:
- Green Lantern, as mentioned, will be written by Robert Venditti with art chores by Billy Tan.
- Green Lantern Corps will be written by Josh Fialkov (Elks’ Run; Tumor; I, Vampire); art duties by Bernard Chang.
- Green Lantern: New Guardians is going to be written by Justin Jordan and Brad Walker will do the art.
- Josh Fialkov will also write Red Lanterns, with visuals by Alessandro Vitti.
- Larfleeze, about the greedy Orange Lantern, is set to be written by Keith Giffen with Scott Kolins on art.