In any film fans cinematic history they will no doubt have seen at least one great science fiction movie. Some of these movies will have released in their lifetime, while others needed to be sought out. But no matter what era they are made in, or how they became a part of our film lexicon, the best ones still have that sense of awe and magical wonder about them that makes them something quite special.
As a fan of the genre myself, I am always looking out for videos that give me that aforementioned buzz. So when I came across this unique mash-up video, the Sci-Fi nerd in me was doing cartwheels of joy (figuratively not literally, I am much too heavy for that). World Wide Interweb, the creators of the video in question are no strangers to the mash-up and compilation video it seems. Their Daily Motion page has over a hundred of these videos, all covering various aspects of entertainment.
One video that interested me was Sci-Fi Star Wars Cantina. A scene near all sci-fi fans are familiar with, this video focuses on the first meeting of Luke and company with notorious smuggler Han Solo and his hairy, towering pal Chewbacca. In this version of events however, a few other familiar faces pop up to say hi.
Keep your eyes peeled film fans as we reveal this new take on an iconic science fiction scene.
Is E.T even old enough to have a drink? Who knows, and who cares? Though the transfer of some movie characters looks a little ropey around the edges this short just takes you along for the ride and you easily forget the roughness of its edges, especially when it is so much fun to watch.
In fact it is almost like a Where’s Waldo for sci-fi fans. Now I have only seen it twice, but these are the iconic characters that I have spotted.
- Snake Plissken (Escape from New York)
- T-800 (The Terminator)
- The Avengers (The Avengers)
- Alexander Dane (Dr. Lazarus) and Fred Kwan (Tech Sgt. Chen) (Galaxy Quest)
- Agent J and K (Men in Black)
- Kevin Flynn (Tron)
- Wolverine (X-Men: Wolverine)
- Chet Donnelly (Weird Science)
- E.T (E.T)
- Deckard (Blade Runner)
- Neo (The Matrix)
- Neytiri (Avatar)
- Marty Mcfly (Back to the Future)
- James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock (Star Trek)
- Lone Star and Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)
- David Bowman (2001: A Space Odyssey)
- A Gremlin (Gremlins)
- Captain Jean Luc Picard and Commander William Riker (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Alex Murphy (Robocop)
- President Thomas J. Whitmore (Independence Day)
- Rocket Raccoon and Star Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Korben Dallas and Ruby Rhod (The Fifth Element)
- Martian (Mars Attacks)
Did I miss any out? I love the ingenuity of this whole thing. The time it took to figure this all out however was well worth it and I will certainly be checking World Wide Interweb out again in the near future. Were there any characters you thought needed to be included? Let us know in the comments below?
Images: World Wide Interweb, Disney, LucasFilm