Thousands of men don’t need to die. Only one of us.
What follows clearly will contain spoilers up to the current episode, so if you did watch on Sunday, why are you reading this?
Well, I may have been mistaken in the estimation of chaos we’d be exposed to over the final three episodes, as 6.08 was good, but not crazy. You know what that means? The next two episodes are going to be that much crazier!!! We already know that 6.09 (titled The Battle of the Bastards), will be the fight for Winterfell. And we know that the tenth episode, titled The Winds of Winter, is going to be 69 minutes long, the longest one to date. Going to be a lot happening the next two Sundays.
Season 6, Episode 10: “The Winds of Winter” – 69 minutes
Season 4, Episode 10: “The Children” – 65 minutes
Season 2, Episode 10: “Valar Morghulis” – 64 minutes
Season 3, Episode 10: “Mhysa” – 62 minutes
Season 5, Episode 10: “Mother’s Mercy” – 61 minutes
Season 1, Episode 1: “Winter is Coming” – 61 minutes
As for what we saw this week in No One; Just the Important Parts
- King Tommen outlaws Trial-By-Combat, thus seemingly dooming his mother. This after The Zombie Mountain rips off the head of a Faith Militant. Suspicious timing. Cersei and Qyburn have something planned that will no doubt be bad for most everyone.
- Dany returns to Mareen to find the city under attack from the Slavers, which seems to be Tyrion’s doing. The Greyjoys should be along anytime now I would think.
- Jamie and Brienne can’t help it that they love each other, they also can’t act on it. Jamie also convinces Edmure Tully to end the siege without bloodshed – the Blackfish stupidly sacrifices himself in lieu of helping the Starks.
- The Hound encounters the Brothers Without Banners, seems likely to join up with them, and head north to fight the dead.
The real fan service however came courtesy of Braavos. Arya Stark leads the waif on an impressive foot chase (most of which I spent looking for Syrio), leaving behind her a trail of blood. Thinking this trail is accidental however is where the audience and waif alike are misled. Arya in fact lures her stalker to that point, where she has hidden Needle, and she then reclaims her name. Like a boss.
Who didn’t get excited by that? NOW – on to the Bastards. Here’s a look this Sunday’s episode nine…
So from what we can see here;
- Jon tells Melisandre not to revive him should he fall.
- Davos perhaps discovers the setting of Shireen’s murder.
- Bastard challenges Bastard to single combat.
FUN BONUS FACT: One of the guys the Hound axed in 6.08, was in fact Canadian comedian Steve Love. Love has a YouTube channel where you can see his many GoT impressions.
He also appeared on Jimmy Kimmel last year to do some of them;
Images: YouTube, HBO